Carrots are available aplenty during the winters. They are very tasty and highly versatile in terms of culinary usage. They are also highly nutritious as they are a rich source of dietary fibre, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and Vitamin B6. Make this healthy and delicious dish for your child’s meal time.
Ingredients: 2 cups chopped carrots, ½ cup green peas, 1 green chilli deseeded and chopped, a pinch of turmeric powder, salt, 2 tsp. oil, 1 sprig curry leaves, ¾ tsp. fresh grated ginger, ½ tsp. cumin, ½ tsp. mustard seeds, a pinch of hing, 2 tsp. urad dal, 2 tsp chana dal, 1 tsp. sesame seeds, 1 tsp. dry coconut, 1 red chilli, ¼ tsp. cumin, ½ garlic clove
1. Dry roast 1 tsp chana dal, 1 tsp urad dal till they are slightly golden. Next add the grated coconut, sesame seeds, red chilli, cumin seeds and garlic clove and roast well. Set aside for cooling. Later grind it into a fine powder.
2. Heat some oil in a pan, splutter the cumin and mustard seeds.
3. Add the remaining dals and roast till they are golden. Add ginger, curry leaves and a pinch of hing and sauté for a minute.
4. Lower the flame, add the chopped carrots, peas, turmeric and salt. Place the lid and cook till the carrots are done.
5. Sprinkle the powdered masala and fry for 2 minutes. Garnish with curry leaves.
Carrot fry is a great accompaniment with rice and chapattis. So try out this recipe today!