With the winters on, carrots are aplenty. Carrots are rich in antioxidants, carotenes, Vitamin A, beta-carotene, farcinol (an antioxidant), Vitamin C, folic acid, Vitamin B6, thiamine, pantothenic acid, phosphorus, manganese and calcium, which are essential for the healthy growth. Carrot Raita is a simple recipe that can easily be made at home without spending a lot of time in the kitchen.
Ingredients: 2 medium carrots grated, 1 green chilli finely chopped, 1 cup curd, ½ tsp roasted jeera powder, a pinch of garam masala, black salt or regular salt to taste, chopped coriander leaves for garnishing, a pinch of hing, ½ tsp ghee
1. In a bowl, take the curd and whisk it till it is smooth.
2. Add the grated carrots in the raita and mix well.
3. Next add the green chillies, roasted jeera powder, garam masala, salt and mix well.
4. Heat oil in a small pan and heat the ghee. Add hing and fry it for a few seconds.
5. Pour this into the raita and mix well.
6. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
Serve with biriyani or vegetable curry and rice. Simple and quick to prepare, this recipe deserves a try once. So go on and try it out.