While cashews are used to garnish pulao and biriyani, here’s a recipe that allows you to use cashews to make a delicious pulao with them. Cashews are a rich source of copper, phosphorus, manganese, magnesium and zinc and hence are essential for your growth.
Ingredients: 1 cup basmati rice, ½ cup of broken cashews (soaked for 10 mins. ), 1 ¾ cups water, 1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste, fistful of mint leaves chopped, 2-3 tbsp. ghee, 1 green chilli slit, 1 bay leaf, 1 star anise, 1-2 strands of mace, ½ medium sized nutmeg, 3” cinnamon stick, 6-8 cloves, 4-6 green cardamom, ½ tsp. shahi jeera, one stone flower, few pepper corns.
1. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and roast the whole spice.
2. Next, add the ginger garlic paste and sauté. Add the mint leaves and stir for 2-3 minutes.
3. Add cashews and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Pour in water and salt and bring it to a boil.
4. Add the rice, close the lid and cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
5. Remove the lid, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
Prepare this healthy and tasty pulao at home today using this recipe!