Cauliflower And Broccoli Skewers
This is a perfect appetizer or an evening snack which is wholesome and full of essential nutrients! Cauliflower is full of vitamin C and K, protein and a cancer-fighting agent called glucosinolate. Broccoli, also known as a superfood, is full of proteins and potassium, which is needed to maintain a healthy lifestyle. This dish is a fun new take on the preparation of cauliflower and broccoli, which makes it that much more exciting.
Ingredients: 1 cup cauliflower florets, 1 cup broccoli florets, salt to taste, pepper, juice of 1 lemon, dried oregano spice powder to taste, 1/2 cup thick yogurt, a pinch turmeric powder
1. Wash both cauliflower and broccoli florets thoroughly. Make sure both the florets are identical in shape so that the cooking time would be roughly the same.
2. In a deep dish, boil the florets with water, a pinch of salt and turmeric powder. Do not cook them all the way. Remove the florets and put them in cold water so the cooking stops.
3. In a wide bowl, mix 2 to 3 spoons of yogurt with salt, pepper, dried oregano powder and a pinch of turmeric. Let the mixture rest for 10 minutes. Make sure the consistency is nice and thick.
4. Now, coat the florets evenly, with the yogurt mixture, depending on the palate of your kid.
5. Take a skewer stick and alternately, push cauliflower and broccoli through it.
6. Finish the skewers off in a tandoori oven for 5-8 minutes.
7. Garnish with freshly chopped coriander and mint leaves. You can also use lemon juice to make it tangy if the yogurt is not tangy enough.
Enjoy this new dish!