Racking your brains for a innovative snack? Make some scrumptious chaklis! These are rich in protein and carbohydrates.
Ingredients: 1 cup rice flour, ½ cup besan, 2.5 tablespoon oil, ¾ cup water add as required, ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder, ½ teaspoon ajwain, ½ teaspoon cumin seeds, 1 pinch of asafoetida, 1 tablespoon sesame seeds, oil for deep frying, salt as required
1. Mix rice flour, besan, ajwain, cumin seeds, sesame seeds, turmeric powder, asafoetida and salt.
2. Heat 2.5 tablespoon oil and add the hot oil to flour mixture. Mix well.
3. Boil water and add this hot water in parts to the flour mixture. Knead and form a firm dough. Cover and let the dough rest for 30 minutes.
4. Apply some water in the chakli maker and place a portion of the dough inside it. Close and press to prepare the chakli. Move in rounds to get a spiral shape.
5. Heat oil for deep frying. Gently slide chakli into the hot oil and fry till golden. Serve.
Oh, what a treat! Make some today and see everyone's face beaming!