Chana Dal Khichdi
Chana dal or chick peas are a rich source of potassium, carbohydrates, dietary fibre, proteins, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium. Here’s a simple recipe that allows you to cook a nutritious and tasty meal using chickpeas.
Ingredients: ½ cup basmati rice, ½ cup chana dal, a pinch of hing, 2 pinches of red chilli powder, 1 cup of water, 1 tbsp. oil, salt.
1. Drain and soak the chana dal overnight. Next morning, drain and set aside.
2. Rinse the rice and soak in water for half an hour. Drain and set aside.
3. Heat oil in a pressure cooker, add hing, chilli powder and salt.
4. Stir and add the chana dal. Pour water and cook till the chana dal is done, but has not become soft and mushy.
5. Next add the rice. There will be water in the cooker, so no need to add more water.
6. Close the pressure cook and cook till 2 whistles.
Chana dal khichdi is ready to serve. This is a highly nutritious dish and is very beneficial. So cook up this delicious khichdi!