Chana Dal Paratha
Chana dal paratha is a Punjabi dish and is made using the nutritious lentil chana dal or chickpeas. Chana dal is a rich source of potassium, carbohydrates, dietary fibre, proteins, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6, Vitamin A, Vitamin C and magnesium, which enhances the nutritional value of the paratha by several times.
Ingredients: 3 cups whole wheat flour, 1 cup water, 2 tsp ghee, salt, 1 cup Bengal gram soaked overnight, 2 cups water, 1 onion finely chopped, 2 green chillies chopped, ½ tsp ajwain seeds, ¼ tsp garam masala powder, ½ tsp amchur powder, 2 tsp coriander leaves, ghee.
1. In a bowl, mix the whole wheat flour, ghee and salt. Grease your hands and mix the flour.
2. Pour water and knead the dough till it is soft and elastic.
3. Cook the dal in a pressure cooker till 2 whistles. Drain the water completely from the dal.
4. In another bowl, mix the dal with onions, chillies, ajwain seeds, garam masala, amchur powder and coriander leaves. Mix well without smashing the dal.
5. Pinch out balls from the dough and flatten it using a rolling pin and board.
6. Place the dal stuffing in the centre of the flattened dough and bring all the edges together and seal at the top.
7. Flatten out using a rolling pin into a full size paratha.
8. Heat ghee on a tawa and fry the parathas, pressing gently with the spatula, till you see brown spots on both sides.
9. Serve with curd and pickle.
Chana parathas are extremely healthy and are perfect for breakfast or brunch. So prepare this delicious paratha using this recipe today!