Chana Dal Rice
Here’s an interesting recipe that will help you cook a delicious meal using chana dal. Rest assured, you will fall in love with this dish. Chana dal is a rich source of dietary fibre, protein, zinc, folate and calcium.
Ingredients: 1 cup rice, ½ cup chana dal, 2 ½ cups water, ¾ cup finely chopped carrot, 1 onion sliced, 1 green chilli slit, 1 tsp. ginger garlic paste, handful of chopped pudina, 1 bay leaf, ½ tsp cumin seeds, half star anise, 1 strand mace, 2 green cardamoms, 1” cinnamon stick, 1 ½ tbsp. oil, salt, 1 tsp. lemon juice, coriander leaves chopped
1. Soak the dal for about 6 hours and the rice for about 20 minutes.
2. Heat oil in a pressure cooker and fry the spices. Add the onions and sauté for a couple of minutes.
3. Add the ginger garlic paste and sauté for a few minutes. Next add the vegetables and mint leaves and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the rice and dal, fry and pour water and salt. Cook on low flame for 5 minutes.
5. Squeeze a lemon into the rice and garnish with coriander leaves.
Cook this yummy dish today using this recipe!