Chana Dal Vada
Chana Dal or Split Bengal Gram is a rich source of dietary fibre, zinc, folate, calcium and protein. Hence, it is an important element that you should include in diet. However, if you have only been preparing dal and are looking for new recipe using this wonderful lentil, Chana Dal Vada is the best option you can look at.
Ingredients: ½ cup of chana dal, 1 cup of water for soaking, 1/3 cup of chopped onion, 2 green chillies chopped. 8-10 curry leaves, 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, salt and oil.
1. Rinse the chana dal well and soak it for about 2 hours.
2. Drain and dry grind in a mixture to form a paste. Leave some portions of the dal partially ground to give some texture to your paste.
3. Add onions, chillies, curry leaves, salt and chopped coriander leaves to the mixture.
4. Roll out small balls from the mixture and flatten them slightly using your palms.
5. Deep fry in a pan and scoop out.
Serve with a tangy chutney. So go ahead and try out this recipe today!