Chana is an excellent source of nutrition. Chana acts as a good source of Iron, calcium and Vitamin B-6. Paneer is the other prime ingredient which adds fat, sodium, protein and magnesium. This dish is perfect to be offered during lunch or dinner.
Ingredients: 1 ½ cup soaked chana, 1 cup water, pinch of soda, turmeric, 1 cup paneer, ¾ cubed onions, 1 ¼ cup tomatoes pureed, 1 tbsp. oil, 1 tbsp. red chili powder, 1 tbsp. garam masala, salt, 1 tbsp. ginger garlic paste.
1. You need to first soak the chanas overnight. Later, pressure cook for making them soft.
2. Take a pan and add oil. Now, sauté cumin for at least a minute. To this add ginger garlic paste.
3. Now, add chopped onion and sauté till it turns golden.
4. Add pureed tomatoes and cook the content for 2 minutes.
5. Cook until the raw taste of the onions faded away.
6. Now, add cooked chana and adjust the consistency by adding water. Keep the content on medium flame.
7. The final move is to add paneer and cook the dish for 1 minute.
Offer this recipe with roti or rice. Try it now!