Wondering what to prepare for snacks? Chana vada is an easy to prepare snack and it is extremely nutritious as it is made using chana dal or chick pea which is a rich source of potassium, carbohydrate, dietary fiber, protein, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: ½ cup chana dal, -1 cup water, 1/3 cup chopped onion, ½ inch ginger finely chopped, 2 green chillies finely chopped, 8-10 curry leaves, 2 tbsp chopped coriander leaves, ½ tsp rock salt, oil.
1. Rinse the chana dal and soak it in water for about 2 hours. Drain the water and grind the dal into a fine paste in a blender.
2. To this paste add the chopped onions, ginger, green chillies, curry leaves, chopped coriander leaves and salt.
3. Heat oil in a kadhai for deep frying.
4. Shape out small vadas from the batter and drop them into the kadhai when the oil is medium hot.
5. Deep fry till the vadas are crisp and golden and scoop out.
Serve with coconut chutney or tomato ketchup. Extremely healthy and nutritious, these vadas are delightfully tasty too.