Parathas are North Indian food item and come in different variants. Here’s an interesting variation that you will surely love. This Cheese Paratha recipe uses whole wheat flour, which is rich in potassium, dietary fibre, carbohydrates, Vitamin B6, calcium, iron and magnesium. Easy to prepare, this recipe is done in no time.
Ingredients: 1 cup whole wheat flour, ¼ tsp salt, 1 tsp oil, water, ½ cup grated cheese, ¼ cup finely chopped onions, 1-2 green chillies, ½ tsp crushed pepper corns, ghee, whole wheat flour for dusting.
1. In a bowl, take the whole wheat flour, salt and oil. Add water and knead the flour into a soft dough. Set aside for half an hour.
2. In another bowl, take the grated cheese, onions, green chillies and crushed peppercorns and mix well. Set aside.
3. Pinch out small balls from the dough and flatten them into small discs using the rolling pin and board. Make two discs of the same size.
4. In the centre of one disc, place the stuffing and press the other disc onto it. Roll out into a full size paratha.
5. Heat ghee on a griddle and fry the paratha. Flip when the base is done.
6. Add ghee to the surface before you flip sides.
7. Cook till you see brown spots on both surfaces.
Your cheese paratha is ready. Serve it with tomato ketchup or curd and pickle. So what are you waiting for? Go on and try it out!