Cheese straws are crunchy snacks that can easily be made at home. It is made using whole wheat flour, which is rich in potassium, carbohydrate, dietary fibre, protein, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 3 cups whole wheat flour, ¾ chilled butter, 1 tsp black pepper, 2 tsp. yellow mustard powder, ½ tsp cayenne pepper, 1 cup grated cheese, 7-8 tbsp water, salt.
1. In a bowl, mix the whole wheat flour, butter, black pepper, mustard powder, cayenne pepper, grated cheese and mix well into a bread crumb like consistency.
2. Add the water and knead into a soft dough. Cover the dough and refrigerate for 30-40 minutes.
3. Now divide the dough into equal portions. Roll out the dough using a rolling pin and board.
4. Using a cookie cutter, cut out different shapes.
5. Bake these in a preheated oven at 180oCelsius for 15 minutes.
Try out this recipe today!