Chettinad Fish Curry
Chettinad Fish Curry is a popular South Indian recipe which shouldn’t be missed. Fish is one of the prime ingredients that offer nutrients like protein, Vitamin B-12, Vitamin B-6 and iron. Moreover, coconut is also added to the recipe which adds carbohydrates and magnesium. Serve this recipe primarily during dinner time.
Ingredients: Fish ½ kg, oil 1 tbsp, mustard seeds 1tsp, 1 small chopped onion, 1 large tomato, curry leaves, coriander leaves 2 tbsp finely chopped, tamarind pulp 3 tbsp.
Sauteing and Grinding: oil tbsp, fennel seeds 1 tbsp, 1 large sliced onion, garlic paste 1 tbsp, chili powder 1 tbsp, coriander powder 2 tbsp, turmeric powder 1tsp, coconut ½ cup grated.
1. Heat oil in an earthernware kadai. Add the fennel seeds and sauté it for a minute.
2. To this add onions and sauté it further for a min. Drop the garlic paste and mix it for 30 sec.
3. Add tomatoes and sauté. Next move is to add the spice powders and mix well.
4. Add coconut and stir it slowly. Drop the content in a blender and make a puree.
5. Take the same kadai and add oil. Drop mustard seeds and allow them to crackle.
6. Add onions along with curry leaves. Saute it until the color turns golden.
7. Add the coconut masala and mix it well. Now, add the long sliced tomatoes.
8. Next step is to add tamarind pulp and water. Bring the content to boil.
9. Add fish pieces and stir the content well. Season it will salt. Simmer the kadai for 8-10 minutes.
Use coriander leaves for garnishing. Try making this recipe today!