Chicken-Asparagus Skillet Gratin
This dish is a perfect combination of nutrition and taste. The two key ingredients chicken and asparagus are both very healthy. Chicken is high in protein and asparagus is an excellent source of vitamin K, B1, B2 that makes this dish worthy and perfect diet.
Ingredients: 2 cups of cubed bread, 1 cup of shredded white cheddar cheese, ½ cup butter melted, 1 bunch fresh asparagus spears chopped, ½ finely chopped onion, ½ cup maida, pepper, salt, 3 cups fat-free milk, 2 cups diced cooked chicken
1. Heat the oven to 350°F. Spray the cooking spray on a glass baking dish.
2. Take a small bowl and mix cubed bread, cheese and 1/4 cup of melted butter. Arrange the baking dish with half of the bread-cheese mixture.
3. In another saucepan, sauté the asparagus until cooked but keep it a little crisp. Layer asparagus over the bread.
4. Now, cook onion in the remaining melted butter until browned. Add flour, salt and pepper. Give it a good stir. Add milk and stir it till it becomes completely smooth and thick in texture.
5. Cook the chicken in another bowl and pour it over the asparagus. Sprinkle the remaining cheese-bread mixture evenly on the chicken.
6. Bake it for 25 minutes, and your Chicken-Asparagus Skillet is ready!
Serve it at snack time with some ketchup!