Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk
Chicken Curry with Coconut Milk is a supreme dish that is full of flavors. The recipe involves many ingredients, but chicken is the prime element. It offers Vitamin A, protein and Vitamin B-6 which is essential for health. Moreover, coconut milk is a rich source of magnesium, calcium and iron.
Ingredients: 250g cubed chicken pieces, 1 cup sliced onions, 1 tbsp. oil, ½ tsp turmeric powder, 1 tsp. cumin powder, ½ tsp. red chilli powder, 2 green chilies, 2 flakes of garlic, cubes of ripe tomato, 1 tbsp. poppy seeds, 2 cups of coconut milk, chopped coriander leaves.
1. Heat onion in a wide pan using oil. Wait till it turns golden.
2. Now, grind the garlic, green chilies and ginger together coarsely. Add spices such as coriander, cumin, turmeric and chilli to the fried onions. Saute it well for about 20 seconds.
3. Next step is to add ground chilli paste and tomatoes. Fry for another minute.
4. Add cleaned chicken pieces along with coconut milk. Add salt.
5. Add poppy seeds to the curry as it comes to boil.
6. Do not boil it for too long. Wait for the curry to gain some average consistency.
7. Add chopped coriander leaves as well as salt to adjust.
Try the recipe today!