Chicken Salna is a superb main course recipe which will be loved by all at home. The nutritious content of this recipe is quite advantageous for health. Chicken is the prime ingredient which offers protein, Vitamin B-12 and Vitamin A. Moreover, tomatoes are also used which add potassium, Vitamin C and Vitamin B-6. This dish can be served preferably during lunch or dinner.
Ingredients: Chicken 500gm, 2 large onions, 2 large tomatoes, green chilies, curry leaves, ginger garlic paste, chilli powder, salt, garam masala, oil and turmeric powder.
Roasting ingredients: fennel seeds, whole pepper, cinnamon, cloves, cumin seeds, fresh coconut.
1. You need to first make the masala. Heat 1 tsp. oil
2. and add all the roasting ingredients apart from coconut. Toss the content and stir for a minute. Now, add coconut and stir it further. Add it to a blender and make a puree. Set aside.
3. Next move is to add 1 tbsp. oil in a pan. Add chicken and season it with salt and turmeric powder. Saute it well and drop the content in a bowl.
4. To the same oil add green chilies, onion curry leaves. Add salt and saute it well.
5. Now, add ginger garlic paste. Stir for a min.
6. Next you need to add tomatoes and cook until it turns slightly mushy.
7. Add chili powder as well as garam masala. Mix it well.
8. Finally, add chicken, water and ground coconut masala. Cover and cook the content in a pressure cooker for 2 whistles.
Try the recipe today in order to surprise all at home.