Wondering how you can use potatoes to prepare a yummy dish? Try out this recipe. Chilli potatoes are delicious and offer the nutritional value of potatoes, as potatoes are a rich source of potassium, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6 and dietary fiber.
Ingredients: 2 ½ cups chopped potatoes, 2 tbsp. corn starch, ¼ tsp red chilli powder, salt, 1/3 cup oil, 1 ½ tsp chopped garlic, 1 onion sliced, 1 cup chopped capsicum, 1 green chilli deseeded and chopped, ½ tbsp. soya sauce, 1 ½ tsp red chilli sauce, ½ tsp red chilli paste, 1/ 2 tsp vinegar, salt
1. Peel and cut the potatoes diagonally. Soak them in salt water for 30 minutes.
2. Next, par boil them and set aside.
3. In a bowl, mix the red chilli paste with the chilli powder and a little water and set aside.
4. In the potatoes, add a little flour, chilli powder and salt. Mix well and deep fry them.
5. In the same pan, fry garlic and chopped green chillies.
6. Next, add the onions and sauté till they are translucent.
7. Toss in the chopped capsicum, red chilli sauce, vinegar. Add water and stir.
8. Mix the corn starch with ¾ cup of water and pour into the pan.
9. When the gravy has thickened, put the fried potatoes and stir.
10. Lastly, add the chopped spring onions, cook for 2-3 minutes and remove from flame.
Chilli potato is ready to serve! Try out this recipe today!