Chinese Style Vegetable Frankie
If you love spicy food this dish is just for you. A combination of whole wheat bread and spicy vegetable filling makes it apt for snacks. No need to worry about the nutritional value too, whole wheat bread has dietary fibers and carbohydrates, veggies have vitamins and minerals and adding Sundrop Superlite Advanced oil can further enrich the food with good fats and Vitamin A & D – which are otherwise usually found deficient in dietary intake.
Ingredients: Whole wheat bread slices as required, 1' ginger, 2-3 garlic pods, 1-2 green chilli, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1 tbsp vinegar, 1 tbsp soya sauce, salt as per taste, 2 tbsp sundrop oil, assorted julienne vegetables like carrot, capsicum, onion, cabbage and some sweet corn.
1. Make the Schewan sauce by mixing together roughly chopped ginger, garlic and green chilies with some red chili powder, soy sauce, vinegar and salt.
2. Heat sundrop oil in a microwave safe bowl for 20 seconds.
3. Add julienne veggies to it, mix well and cook for 1 minute.
4. Now mix these veggies in the prepared sauce and stir well.
5. Spread this mixture over a flatbread, roll it up tightly and carefully.
6. Brush some Sundrop Superlite Advanced oil on these rolls.
7. Microwave these rolls for 30 seconds.
8. Then flip and cook from another side for 30 seconds.
It is ready to be relished!
Note: Be patient and gentle while rolling the bread, adjust spiciness as per your taste buds.