Chocolate Chip Cookies
Make a delicious snack with this chocolate chip cookies recipe! These cookies are made using whole wheat flour and chocolate. While whole wheat flour is a rich source of potassium, carbohydrate, dietary fibre, protein, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium; chocolates add to the taste and provide iron and magnesium.
Ingredients: 2 cups whole wheat flour, 1 ¼ cup sugar, ¾ cup unsalted butter, 1 egg, 1 tsp baking soda, ½ tsp salt, 1 ½ tsp vanilla, ½ tsp cinnamon, 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips, ½ cup almonds
1. Preheat your oven at 180oC. Grease your baking tray, line with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt and cinnamon and set aside.
3. Blend the butter and sugar in a mixer. Next, add the eggs and vanilla and blend again.
4. Pour this into the bowl containing flour, add the chocolate chips and knead well.
5. Shape out cookies from the dough and bake for about 10-15 minutes.
Crunchy golden cookies are ready!