Chocolate Hazelnut Meringues
Often, you may complain about eating boring, regular chocolate cakes and pastries. This is an ideal Sunday recipe to break the monotony of chocolate. Nuts and eggs add an additional food value to this delicious dessert, nuts are very high in protein and eggs are rich in iron which is another advantage of this dessert.
Ingredients: 5 egg whites, salt, 1/2 cup granulated sugar,1/2 cup brown sugar,1 teaspoon vanilla extract,3 bars semisweet chocolate,1/3 cup blanched whole hazelnuts, toasted and finely chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Take a large mixing bowl and beat the eggs until foamy. Add salt and again start beating.
2. Add sugar according to your taste and also few drops of vanilla essence. Beat again for another minute.
3. Cover two baking sheets with parchment paper. Place the bowl in the oven; bake at 250° for 1 hour, rotating pans halfway through cooking. Meringues are done when the surface is dry and meringues can be removed from paper without sticking to the fingers.
4. Allow it to cool in the oven for 1 hour. Be very careful while removing the meringues from the foil paper.
5. Place chocolate in a medium glass bowl. Microwave at 1 minute or until almost melted, stirring until smooth. Dip each meringue in melted chocolate and sprinkle some chopped hazelnuts.
And your Meringues are ready! Try this delicious dessert!