Cook up a nice and healthy Choliya pulao for your child today. Choliya Pulao is made using green chick peas, which are rich in folate, antioxidants, Vitamin A, Vitamin C, protein, iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium and several phytonutrients and hence are highly beneficial for your child’s health.
Ingredients: 1 cup fresh green peas, 1.25 cups of basmati rice, 1 onion thinly sliced, 1 bay leaf, 2 cloves, 1 cinnamon, 1 green cardamom, 1 tsp. cumin seeds, a pinch of hing, 3 tbsp. oil, water.
1. Rinse the rice till the starch is removed. Soak the rice in water for half an hour.
2. Cook the chickpeas with 1 ½ cups of water and in a pressure cooker till you get 2-3 whistles.
3. Drain the water and remove the chickpeas.
4. Heat oil in the cooker and add the whole spices. Sauté till you can smell their aroma.
5. Add hing and stir. Put in the chopped onions and sauté till they translucent.
6. Now add the drained chickpeas and sauté for a couple of minutes.
7. Next drain the rice and put it into the cooker and fry for a few minutes.
8. Add about water and salt and close the lid of the cooker.
9. Cook till about 2 whistles on medium flame.
10. Once the cooker has cooled down, remove the lid and fluff the rice.
11. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve.
You can serve this absolutely delicious dish with raita or a vegetable curry to your little one for lunch or dinner. So try it out today and watch your child fall in love with this yummy and healthy dish.