Coconut Milk Rice
Coconut milk rice is a unique and delicious dish which also offers high nutritional benefits. Coconut milk is derived from coconuts, which are rich sources of dietary fibre, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Vitamin B1, Vitamin B3, Vitamin B5, Vitamin B6, iron, selenium, sodium, calcium, magnesium and phosphorus.
Ingredients: 2 cups rice, 1 cup coconut milk, 2 ½ cups water, 1 ½ tsp ginger paste, 2 green chillies slit, handful of chopped carrots and green peas, 2 tbsp. oil, salt, 1 bay leaf, 4 cardamoms, 6 cloves, 2” cinnamon stick, few pepper corns, ½ tsp cumin, cashews, grated coconut.
1. Roast the cashews and set aside.
2. Heat oil and roast the whole spices. Add ginger paste and fry for 2 minutes.
3. Next add the chopped vegetables and green chillies and cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Mix the coconut milk with 1 ½ cups of water and pour into the pan. Add salt and when the milk starts boiling, add the rice.
5. Cook till the rice is done. Garnish with grated coconut and cashews and serve.
Simple, isn’t it? Try this delicious dish today!