Coconut Pumpkin Parfait
Coconut Pumpkin Parfait is an amalgamation of taste and nutrition. Coconuts are highly nutritious and rich in fiber, pumpkin adds a lot of vitamin C to this wonderful dish.
Ingredients to make Coconut Pumpkin Parfait:
For the pumpkin pie filling: 2 tsp unflavored gelatin powder, 3/4 cup pumpkin puree, 1/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon, 1/4 tsp salt, 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
For the whipped coconut cream: 2 cans coconut milk refrigerated overnight, 3 tbsp powdered sugar, 2 tsp vanilla extract
Steps to make Coconut Pumpkin Parfait:
1. Place a metal mixing bowl in the freezer for 5-7 minutes. Sprinkle some gelatin on the top. Keep this aside for 10 minutes.
2. Take a large bowl and whisk pumpkin, sugar, brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, and nutmeg.
3. Put the bowl of gelatin over a pan of simmering water and cook until the gelatin is clear, keep stirring the mixture. Pour the hot gelatin mixture into the pumpkin mixture.
4. In another bowl, prepare the coconut cream. Take out scoops of refrigerated coconut cream into a mixing bowl and beat it at medium speed until thick and creamy. Add the powdered sugar, vanilla extract and again beat until it mixes properly.
5. Fold half of the whipped coconut cream into the pumpkin mixture, reserving the remaining cream for layering and serving.
6. For each parfait, place a layer of crushed gingersnaps in the bottom of a serving glass.
7. Put a few spoonfuls of pumpkin mixture on top, add a layer of coconut cream, continue the layering, ending it with the pumpkin mixture.
8. Cover it with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
Your parfait is ready to be served!