Colorful And Tasty Beetroot Rice
Here is a perfect recipe to transform leftover rice into something nutritious and colourful. This beetroot rice can be a wonderful lunch box recipe.
Ingredients: 1 tbsp oil, 1 cinnamon stick, 1 bay leaf, 1 cardamom, 1 clove, and 1 tsp cumin seeds, ½ cup sliced onion, ½ tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, ¼ tsp cumin powder, ¼ tsp coriander powder, ¾ cup grated beetroot, salt, ¼ cup water, 2 cups cooked rice.
1. Heat oil in a non-stick pan.
2. Add cinnamon stick, bay leaf, cardamom, clove, and cumin seeds.
3. Add sliced onion and sauté.
4. Add chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin powder, and coriander powder and stir for a while.
5. Add beetroot and sauté for 2 minutes.
6. Add salt, water and mix well. Cook for 1 minute and add cooked rice.
7. Mix well and cook for 2 more minutes.
8. Discard the clove, cardamom, and bay leaf before serving
Serve with curd or raita.