Colorful Nutrients Combo Sabzi
Winter is the season of colorful vegetables; you will easily get fresh and colorful vegetables in market at this time. This veggie combo is full of protein, calcium, beta-carotenes, vitamin A, minerals, carbohydrate and antioxidants.
Ingredients: Potato Large -2, Fresh Green peas-1/2 cup, Carrots – 2, Cumin seeds- 1tsb, Ginger finely chopped- 1tsb (as per your child’s taste), Green chili – 2 finely chopped (as per your child’s taste), Salt –as per taste, Hing-a pinch, Water, Oil-2tsb, Chopped coriander leaves- 1tsb, Paneer – 25 gm, Coriander powder-1/2 tsb, Cumin powder- ½ tsb
1. Rinse all the vegetables properly. Cut potato,paneer and carrots into cubical shapes.
2. Pour oil in the heated pressure cooker.
3. Add cumin seeds in the oil, let it sizzle. Now, add chopped ginger and green chilli in it.
4. Add a pinch of hing and put all the cut vegetables (including peas) in the cooker and sauté it for a few minutes.
5. Now add salt, cumin and coriander powder to the above mixture and pour 3tsb of water. Cover the cooker lid. Cook it on medium flame.
6. After 2-3 whistles open the lid and dry it completely.
7. Decorate it with coriander leaves.
Serve immediately with rice or plain paratha.
Note– Instead of oil you can cook it with desi ghee to enhance its taste.