Cooling Masala Chhas
Masala Chaas or spiced buttermilk is a mildly spicy drink that is great for the summers. Loaded with calcium and essential fats, this recipe is great for keeping refreshed.
Ingredients: 2 cups fresh curds, 1 cup water, 1 tsp of roasted jeera powder, ¼ tsp ginger paste, ½ tsp black salt, normal salt, 1 tsp oil, add a pinch of hing, 1/4 tsp of mustard seeds and 1 tsp chopped corriander leaves.
1. Take fresh curd and whisk it well. Add water and mix.
2. Add roasted jeera powder, ginger paste, black salt, and normal salt to the whisked curds and mix it well.
3. To make tempering heat oil, add a pinch of hing, and mustard seeds.
4. When the seeds crackle, add it to the whisked curds and chill for few minutes in refrigerator.
5. Add coriander and serve in long glasses.