Corn Fried Rice
Looking for healthy and interesting recipes? Corn fried rice is a quick and easy recipe and is sure to become your favourite. With regards to nutrition, corn fried rice offers the combined goodness of rice and corn. While rice is rich in carbohydrates, dietary fibre and Vitamin A, corn is rich in iron, potassium, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 1 cup of basmati rice (rinsed and soaked for 30 minutes), ¼ tsp of salt, ¼ tsp of oil, 3 cups of water for cooking rice,2 cups of steamed corn kernels, ½ cup of chopped spring onion whites, 2 tsp chopped celery, ¼ cup of chopped capsicum, 1 tsp pepper powder, 1 tsp of vinegar,1 tbsp of soy sauce, 3 tablespoons of chopped spring onions, salt.
1. In a vessel, bring water to a running boil and add the rice. Cook till the rice is just done. Remove from flame, fluff and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan, add the onion whites and a little from the chopped spring onions.
3. Add the chopped capsicum and sauté for a minute.
4. Add the chopped celery and corn kernels.
5. Next, pour soya sauce and sprinkle black pepper. Saute for a couple of minutes and then add the rice. Mix well.
6. Add salt and the remaining of the chopped spring onions.
7. Add the vinegar, stir and fluff the rice
Serve with a gravy dish. Try it out today!