Instead of making a regular sandwich which only tastes good, make one that is delicious and nutritious. Corn sandwich is easy to prepare and is loaded with the goodness of corn, which means it has carbohydrates, proteins, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium. Here’s how you can make corn sandwich at home.
Ingredients: 1 medium sweet corn cob, ½ tsp black pepper crushed, ½ tsp red chilli flakes, 2 tbsp cream cheese, 2 small tomatoes chopped, 2 garlic cloves finely chopped, 7-8 basil leaves, butter, bread slices.
1. Cook the corn cob in a pressure cooker till it is soft. Remove the kernels and set aside.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan and add the chopped garlic. Saute for about a minute and add the corn kernels.
3. Add salt, pepper and chilli flakes and mix well.
4. Switch off the fire and add the chopped tomatoes and basil. Stir well. Add the cream cheese and mix well with the rest of the ingredients.
5. Butter the bread slices, fill in the corn mixture and top it with another bread slice and grill in an oven or sandwich maker.
Corn sandwich is ready and can be served with tomato ketchup. Try it out today and cook up a great breakfast!