Creamy Matar Kheer
Matar Kheer is a Punjabi recipe. The dish is easy to prepare and is loaded with the goodness of green peas. Green peas are a good source of Vitamin B2, Vitamin B6, Vitamin K, Vitamin C and essential minerals such as iron, zinc and molybdenum and potassium. So, here’s how you can prepare this dish easily at home.
Ingredients: One cup of fresh peas, 1 cup of water, a pinch of salt, 3 cups of milk, a pinch of cardamom powder, sugar as per taste, a handful of chopped almonds and pistachios, few strands of saffron.
1. Clean the peas and boil with a little water and salt in a pressure cooker to soften them. Once done, remove and set aside for cooling.
2. Once the peas have cooled down, put them in a blender and a few spoonfuls of milk to prepare a smooth puree.
3. Heat oil in a pan and add the matar puree. Keep stirring continuously and cook it for about 5 minutes.
4. Slowly add the remaining milk and keep stirring continuously. The gravy will keep thickening.
5. Add sugar and stir.
6. Add the cardamom powder and saffron strands.
7. Garnish with the chopped dry fruits
You can serve matar kheer warm or chilled. This is a delightful treat. Try this out today!