Creamy Mushroom Pasta
Mushrooms are a rich source of dietary fiber, potassium, proteins, Vitamin C, Vitamin B6, Vitamin D, iron etc. Here’s a delicious recipe using mushrooms that you will fall in love with.
Ingredients: 1 cup shell pasta, 1 packet button mushrooms, 1 medium red bell pepper, 1 small onion chopped, 2 garlic cloves chopped, 1 tsp chopped coriander leaves, 1 tsp chopped basil, 2 tbsp maida, 1 ½ cups of milk, 2 tbsp butter, 2-3 tbsp grated cheddar cheese, salt and black pepper.
1. Heat water in a pan with salt and a few drops of oil. Bring to boil and add the shell pasta into it. Completely cook the pasta in this.
2. Rinse the pasta in a colander and set aside.
3. Rinse the mushrooms, trim their stalks and slice them. Chop the bell pepper and set aside.
4. Melt butter in a pan and sauté the chopped garlic for 10-12 minutes. Add the onions and sauté till they turn transparent.
5. Next add the mushrooms and cook till they have released all their moisture and have shrunk in size. Then add the bell pepper and sauté for a few minutes.
6. Add the flour into the pan and mix well to ensure that the bell pepper and mushrooms have coated well.
7. Add milk into the pan and keep stirring. The milk will mix with the flour to form a thick sauce.
8. Saute for a few minutes and add the pasta. Simmer for a couple of minutes.
9. Add the chopped coriander leaves and basil and simmer for a minute.
10. Add salt and pepper.
11. Pour the pasta into a baking dish. Top with grated cheese and bake at 180 degree Celsius till the cheese melts.
12. Remove from the oven and serve hot.
Your creamy mushroom pasta is ready. You can serve it as it is or add a soup as an accompaniment. Healthy and delicious, try out this recipe today!