Creamy Pumpkin and Cashew Pasta
Pasta is a great energy giving food and pumpkins are loaded with vital antioxidants and vitamins. When you get the 2 of them together and drop in some tasty cashews, you get a rich, creamy, mildly sweet Pumpkin Pasta. A must try for your kids.
To make Pumpkin and Cashew Pasta:
1. Take 1 ½ cups of skinned, cubed, raw pumpkin and boil for 15-20 minutes or until soft. Drain and mash well.
2. Place 1 ½ cup of cashews in hot water for 10 minutes.
3. Put the mashed pumpkin, drained cashew, 1 tsp nutmeg powder and salt in a blender and blend till creamy.
4. Cook 1 cup pasta of your choice as per the packet instructions.
5. Heat 2 tbsp olive oil in a pan and add the pumpkin sauce and mix well. Then add the drained pasta and mix together.
You can serve this Creamy Pumpkin & Cashew Pasta with toasted bread to make it a complete meal.