Creamy Pumpkin Peanut Soup
Soups are an easy way to boost the vegetable intake of your kid. It is filling, nutritious and perfect for him. It contains Sundrop Peanut Butter which is rich in proteins for body development, good supply of vitamins, minerals and antioxidants that is good for the immune system. Pumpkin includes good source of essential nutrients for your kid’s development, builds stronger immune system, anti microbial properties and supplies antioxidants. Red bell peppers provide the highest amount of Vitamin C. It is also a good source of Vitamin E and antioxidants.
Ingredients: 200 gms roasted bell peppers, 2 cups pumpkin puree, 1/3 cup Sundrop Peanut Butter, 2 tsp vegetable oil, 1 medium onion, 3 cloves garlic smashed, ½ tsp paprika, ½ tsp red-chili flakes, ¼ tsp turmeric powder, 1 and a ½ cup vegetable broth, 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice, 1 tsp sugar, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp black pepper, ¼ cup reduced –fat sour cream, 2 tbsp chopped roasted peanuts, 2 tbsp spring onions (green part).
1. Heat oil in a big saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook it. Keep stirring till it turns golden for about 10 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Meanwhile, chop about 1 tbsp of roasted bell pepper and keep aside.
2. Stir in paprika, red chili flakes and turmeric powder. Add pumpkin puree, broth, Sundrop peanut butter and remaining roasted peppers. Whisk it to blend in properly.
3. Bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in lemon juice, sugar, ½ tsp salt and ¼ tsp black pepper.
4. Transfer to a blender or a food processor and puree until smooth.
5. Divide among four bowls and garnish it with sour cream, peanuts, reserved chopped roasted bell peppers and spring onion greens.
Don’t wait to make soup only on sniffly days. Try this recipe now!