Crunchy Almond Chikkis
Chikkis are loved by almost all age groups. These chikkis are also healthy so you can serve them to your kiddo without any hesitation as a snack or as dessert. Moreover, they are also rich in calcium and proteins.
Ingredients: 1/4 cup black sesame seeds, ½ cup powdered almonds, 1/3 of grated jaggery, 1/2 tsp of ghee
1. Heat a nonstick pan and add sesame seeds and almonds. Let it roast over a slow flame till it changes to golden brown color. Remove the pan from the flame and keep it aside to cool down.
2. Heat ghee in a pan and add jaggery to it. Let it simmer over a slow flame and stir it continuously till the jaggery melts and caramelizes completely.
3. To check if it is cooked add a drop in a bowl of cold water and see if it forms a hard ball. Then remove it from the flame.
4. Add roasted mixture of almonds and sesame seeds to it and mix thoroughly.
5. When it slightly cools down divide the mixture into equal pieces. You can also shape each portion as desired using different molds or cookie cutters.
6. Let it cool down completely. Store it in an airtight container.
These chikkis will not only make your kiddo happy but also will help to meet their daily nutritional requirements.