Crunchy Eggless Gingerbread Cookies
A lot of people are allergic to eggs. So do not worry here’s an interesting recipe that will allow you to make eggless cookies at home. Eggless gingerbread cookies use whole wheat flour which is rich in dietary fibre, potassium, magnesium, iron, calcium, Vitamin B6 and carbohydrates and hence is highly nutritious.
Ingredients: ½ cup of jaggery dissolved in hot water, 100 grams of butter, 2 cups of whole wheat flour, ½ tsp baking soda, 2 tsp ginger powder, ¼ tsp each of cinnamon, nutmeg and clove powder, a pinch of salt.
1. Mix the jaggery and butter together and whisk well.
2. Take the rest of the ingredients in a bowl, mix well and then pour the jaggery+butter mixture into it.
3. Whisk using a hand blender to get a thick and consistent batter.
4. Grease a baking tray and pour the batter in it. Refrigerate for 30 to 40 minutes.
5. Pinch out small balls from the dough formed and shape them into cookies.
6. Bake at 180 degrees Celsius for about 20-25 minutes till the cookies turn golden in colour.
A perfect dessert recipe, isn’t it?