Crunchy Munchy Dal Crispies
At times mothers find it difficult to think of instant snacks that are both tasty and healthy. So here is a recipe for a healthy and crunchy snack that can be made and stored to be offered anytime.
Ingredients: 2 tbsp yellow moong dal, ground moong dal, ¼ cup of whole wheat flour, 1 tbsp bajra flour, ½ tsp ginger paste, 2 tsp sugar, 2 tsp lemon juice, 2 tbsp methi leaves finely chopped, 1 tbsp sesame seeds, 2 tbsp oil, and salt to taste
1. Soak yellow moong dal for 1 hour.
2. Drain and coarsely grind soaked moong dal.
3. In a bowl add ground moong dal, whole wheat flour, and bajra flour.
4. Add ginger paste, sugar, lemon juice, methi leaves, sesame seeds, oil, and salt to taste.
5. Mix well and knead into a soft dough using water.
6. Cover with a damp cloth and set aside for 30 minutes.
7. Knead again with ½ tsp oil.
8. Roll out into thick chapattis and cut into required shapes using a cookie cutter.
9. Deep fry until golden brown.
Once the dal crispies have cooled down, store in an air-tight container.