Crunchy Veg Bondas
Most mothers face a dilemma when it comes to preparing a healthy snack for everyone. Veg bondas are an extremely nutritious snack as they offer the goodness of urad dal, green peas and carrots. While urad dal is rich in proteins and fiber, green peas are rich in phytonutrients and carrots offer Vitamin A, Vitamin C, Vitamin K, Vitamin B8, pantothenic acid, potassium, copper, iron, manganese and folate.
Ingredients: 1/3 cup of green peas, 1/3 cup of medium sized carrots chopped, 2 medium sized potatoes, 2 cups of water, ½ tsp of oil, a pinch of mustard seeds and urad dal, 2 green chillies, 1 tsp of chopped ginger and garlic, 8 to 10 chopped curry leaves, a pinch of hing,2-3 pinches of haldi powder, ½ teaspoon of lemon juice, 2 tablespoons of chopped coriander leaves, ¾ cup of besan, 3 tablespoons of rice flour, ¼ teaspoon of chilli powder, a pinch of baking soda, salt as per taste.
1. Pressure cook the chopped vegetables with salt for about 10 minutes. Remove the vegetable and set aside for cooling.
2. Take the besan, rice flour, hing, a pinch of turmeric powder, chilli powder, salt and add water to prepare a smooth batter. Make sure the batter is smooth without lumps.
3. Take the cooled vegetables and mash them well. Set aside
4. Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds and let them crackle. Add urad dal and sauté till golden. To this add the mashed vegetables, chopped ginger and garlic, hing, chopped curry leaves, green chillies and salt and cook well.
5. Remove from flame and set aside for cooling
6. Make balls using the vegetable mixture, coat in the batter and deep fry. Scoop out when golden.
Easy, isn’t it? Try this recipe out today!