Dahi Aloo Tikki
Dahi aloo tikki is a Punjabi dish and is the perfect snack for a cold winter evening. This dish offers the goodness of curd, which is rich in sodium, protein, Vitamin A, calcium, Vitamin B12 and magnesium. Here’s how you can prepare dahi aloo tikki at home.
Ingredients: 2 large potatoes, ½ tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp cumin powder, ¼ tsp black pepper powder, 2 tbsp rice flour, 3 tbsp oil, black salt, ½ cup yogurt, sweet tamarind chutney, chaat masala, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder, a few papdis, chopped coriander, ½ cup tamarind, 2 cups of water, ½ tsp ginger powder, a pinch of hing, ½ tsp cumin seeds, 7-8 tbsp jaggery, 1 tsp oil, 1 tsp amchur powder, ½ tbsp. chopped onion, 2 garlic cloves, salt and water.
1. To prepare the tamarind chutney, soak the tamarind overnight in water.
2. Next morning, squeeze out the tamarind pulp and move it into a bowl.
3. Heat oil in a small pan, add cumin seeds and let them splutter. Add ginger powder, red chilli powder and hing.
4. Add the tamarind pulp, cook for a couple of minutes. Add the powdered jaggery and stir well.
5. Let the mixture thicken and then remove from stove.
6. Cook the potatoes in a pressure cooker. On cooling, peel and chop them and place them in a mixing bowl.
7. Add all the spice powders, salt and mash the potatoes well.
8. Shape the potatoes into tikkis and fry them in oil till they are crisp and golden.
9. Lay the tikkis out on a tray.
10. Whisk curd till you make it smooth. Pour it over the tikkis.
11. Pour tamarind chutney and sprinkle chaat masala, red chilli powder, roasted cumin powder.
12. Crush the papdis and spread them on the tikkis.
13. Garnish with chopped coriander leaves and serve hot.
Super yummy dahi aloo tikki is all ready to be savoured!