Dahi papdi is a popular North Indian street food. However, you can easily make it at home for your child using fresh curd. Fresh curd is extremely healthy as it contains high amounts of sodium, protein, Vitamin A, calcium, Vitamin B12 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 24-30 papdis, 2-3 medium sized potatoes, ½ cup boiled bean sprouts, 1 small onion finely chopped, 1 potato finely chopped, 1 cup fresh curd, ½ tsp each of chilli powder, chaat masala, roasted cumin powder, sugar, sev, 1 ½ cup chopped coriander leaves, salt, ½ inch ginger chopped, 1 green chilli chopped, ½ tsp lemon juice, ½ tsp cumin powder.
1. Cook the potatoes and bean sprouts in a pressure cooker so that they become soft and mushy. Mash the potatoes and set aside
2. Stir the sugar into the yogurt and dissolve it completely. Set aside.
3. Before working on the papdi, you will have to prepare a green chutney. Blend 1 cup coriander leaves with salt, chopped ginger, chillies, lemon juice and cumin powder into a smooth paste. Check the salt and set aside.
4. Arrange the papdis on a plate . Place the mashed potatoes on top of each one of them.
5. Then layer with sprouted beans and green chutney. Pour the sweetened curd on top.
6. Next, sprinkle the masalas one by one, followed by onions and tomatoes.
7. Lastly, add a bit of chaat masala, chilli powder and salt. Sprinkle the sev and chopped coriander leaves on top of the toppings.
Serve the dahi papdi immediately. This wonderful snack is extremely easy to prepare. So now you do not have to worry about your child eating street food as you can easily make dahi papdi at home for him using this recipe. So why not give it a try today?