Dal Vada is a smooth & savoring delicacy. The presence of chana dal makes this recipe rich in calcium, Vitamin B-6 and carbohydrates. Moreover, moong dal is also a prime ingredient which offers magnesium, dietary fiber and protein.
Ingredients: ½ cup chana dal, ½ cup moong dal, ½ urad dal, ½ tsp. garam masala, one onion chopped, 3-4 green chilies chopped, coriander leaves, 2 red chilies, salt and oil.
1. You need to first coarsely blend red chili and cumin. This step can be considered optional, which is used to give a nice color.
2. The next step is to wash and soak all lentils for at least 2 hours.
3. Drain water from the lentils and keep it aside an amount of 2 tbsp.
4. Now, add lentils to a blender jar and prepare a coarse paste.
5. To the ground paste you need to add garam masala powder, ginger garlic paste, green chilies, onions, coarsely crushed red chilies, cumin and coriander mint leaves. Mix it well.
6. Heat oil in a pan. Pick up a small portion and shape it into a ball. Flatten the ball by placing it on a greased sheet.
7. Move the vadai onto your greased fingers and slowly drop it in the hot oil.
8. Repeat the steps to make vadas and fry them until they turn golden.
9. Serve it hot with ketchup or chutney.
The process is quite basic and can be shared among friends. Try it today!