Date & Nut Chocolate Bars
Date and Nut Chocolate Bar is one such interesting recipe which can be prepared at home. Healthy ingredients are involved which makes this food item perfectly healthy. Date palm acts as a superb source carbohydrates, Vitamin B-6 and magnesium. Moreover, the presence of almond offers calcium, protein and iron which are needed for bone development.
Ingredients: ¼ cup cocoa powder, ¼ cup powdered molasses, 1 ½ tbsp vanilla extract, 1 coconut oil, 2 cups pitted dates, 1 cup almonds, 1-2 tbsp pistachio powdered or melted chocolate
1. You need to first powder the almonds in a mixer.
2. To this add molasses, dates, vanilla extract and cocoa.
3. Run the mixer till the content becomes smooth.
4. Now, smear some oil over your palms and knead the dough to form a small ball.
5. Grease a butter paper and then shape a ball to a square of ½ inch in thickness. Now, layer either pistachio or choco chips.
6. Take a rolling pin and roll so that the powder doesn’t get messy.
7. Make another square of a similar size and place it over the previous one. Press it carefully and seal the edges.
8. Wrap it in a foil and freeze for almost an hour.
Share the recipe with your friends and family. Try it today!