Delectable sweet - PATEESA
Looking for a delectable sweet recipe? No worries, we have just the recipe for you! This sweet is made from besan, which is a good source of carbohydrates, proteins, and minerals such as iron, potassium and manganese.
Ingredients: 100 grams besan, 100 grams maida, 200 grams Sugar, 250 ml ghee, 1 cup chopped nuts, ½ tsp Cardamom powder, 1 tablespoon vinegar
1. Heat ghee, add maida and besan. Mix well. Fry till fragrant and colour changes. Cool.
2. Prepare syrup by melting sugar in water and bringing it to boil. Add vinegar to avoid crystallization. Boil for 3-4 minutes.
3. Grease a pan and place it in another pan with water. In this pan add syrup and stir quickly. The syrup will start turning into a semi-solid ball. Add this to the besan and flour mixture. Add cardamom powder and mix well.
4. Once all the flour is absorbed, transfer this syrup flour ball to a working surface. Continue stretching and compressing the dough while it is still hot.
5. Roll it out and spread nuts over the surface. Cool, cut into pieces and serve.
A healthy dessert for your dinner today!