Delicious Aloo Peas Kurma
If your kiddo is bored of regular potato sabzi, try serving him this delicious aloo peas kurma instead! Potatoes are full of Vitamin C and carbohydrates, while peas provide Vitamin A and C.
Ingredients: 1 cup peas, 1 potato diced, 1 onion, 1 tsp coriander powder, 2 tsp fennel powder, ½ tsp turmeric powder, 1 medium size tej patta, 2 to 3 cloves, 1 inch cinnamon stick, 2 cups water, 2 tbsp oil, salt as required, few coriander leaves for garnishing. To be ground: 2 tsp poppy seeds, 2 tbsp fresh coconut, ½ inch ginger, 6-7 whole cashews
1. Grind cashews, coconut, poppy seeds, ginger to a smooth paste.
2. Heat oil. Add bay leaf, cloves, cinnamon and fry till fragrant.
3. Add the onions and the ground paste. Saute for 3-4 minutes and add the spice powders. Saute for a minute. Add the peas, potato, salt and 2 cups water.
4. Simmer on a medium to high flame till the potatoes and peas are cooked.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with rotis or rice.
What a wonderful recipe, isn’t it? You must try it without delay!