Delicious Cabbage Fried Rice
Cabbage is considered to be a super food as it is rich in Vitamin C, dietary fibre, sulphur, antioxidants, beta carotene, Vitamin K, and essential nutrients such as potassium, magnesium and calcium. Cabbage fried rice is easy and quick to prepare and will help you incorporate all the goodness of cabbage into your diet.
Ingredients: 1 cup basmati rice (rinsed and soaked in water for half an hour), 1 ½ cups of water, 2 ½ tbsp oil, 1 tsp cumin seeds, 1 inch cinnamom, 2 green cardamoms, 2 cloves, 1 bay leaf, 1/3 cup of chopped onions, 1/ cup of chopped tomatoes, 1 tablespoon of gingr-garlic-chilli paste, half a cabbage blanched and shredded, ¼ tsp each of turmeric, chilli and garam masala powder, ½ tsp of coriander powder, salt, chopped coriander for garnishing.
1. Pressure cook the rice on medium flame for about 10 minutes on low flame. On cooling, fluff the rice and set aside.
2. Heat oil in a pan and roast all the whole spices. Add the chopped onions and sauté.
3. Add the ginger garlic chilli paste and sauté till it loses its raw smell. Throw in all the masala powders and sauté for a couple of minutes.
4. Next add the chopped tomatoes and cook till they become pulpy and the oil leaves the sides.
5. Add the shredded cabbage and cook
6. Once the cabbage is done, you can add the rice part by part. Stir continuously.
7. Cook till the cabbage is done.
8. Remove from flame and garnish with coriander leaves.
Wasn’t that easy? Try it out today!