Delicious Golden Set Dosa
Dosas, originally a dish from South India, are prepared throughout the country as a breakfast item as they are easy to digest, light on the stomach and quick to prepare. If you love dosas, here’s a quick recipe for beautiful golden dosas. Set Dosas are made from a blend of idli rice flour, poha and urad dal. Rice flour and poha are a good source of carbohydrates, Vitamin B6, calcium and magnesium, whereas urad dal is a rich source of proteins.
Ingredient: 1 cup idli rice, ½ cup thick poha, 2 tablespoons urad dal, 7-8 methi seeds, ¼ tsp sugar, ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp baking soda, oil.
1. Place the rinsed and soaked idli rice, poha, urad dal and methi seeds in a mixer jar with water and grind into a smooth batter.
2. Add sugar, salt, baking soda and stir well. Set aside in a warm place for about 10-12 hours for fermentation.
3. Next month heat a griddle and grease it with oil. Pour the batter into small rounds.
4. Let the bubbles form on the surface. When the base turns golden, pour some oil on the top and sides and flip.
5. Repeat till both sides have turned golden.
Serve with hot coconut chutney or sambar. Try it out today!