We all love jalebis! You can prepare delicious jalebis at home using this simple and easy to follow recipe. This recipe uses besan as one of its main ingredients. Besan is rich in potassium, sodium, dietary fiber, calcium, iron, Vitamin B6 and magnesium.
Ingredients: 1 cup of maida, 2 tbsp of besan, 1/8 tsp of haldi powder, a pinch of baking powder, 1 cup sugar, ¼ tsp of saffron strands, oil.
1. In a bowl, take the maida, besan, baking powder, haldi and add water to prepare a thick, consistent batter. Set aside for 10-12 hours for fermentation.
2. Prepare a sugar syrup by dissolved the sugar in half a cup of water. Add the saffron strands while preparing the sugar syrup.
3. Heat ghee or oil in a deep bottomed vessel. Fill the batter into a piping cone and pour out concentric circles into the hot oil.
4. Fry till the jalebis are golden in colour.
5. Soak the jalebis in the sugar syrup for about 5 minutes and remove.
Pretty simple, isn’t it?