Delicious Peanut Chikki
Chikki or peanut candy is a healthy traditional sweet made from peanuts and jaggery. Peanuts provide proteins and vitamins like B6, B9, Vitamin E. Jaggery provides iron and energy. It is a good substitute for chocolates or junk foods, is an instant energy booster or can be enjoyed as a movie time snack.
Ingredients: 1 cup peanuts, ¾ cup jaggery, 2 tbsp ghee.
1. Dry roast peanuts in a heavy bottom pan for about 5-8 minutes on medium flame. Stir continuously to avoid peanuts getting burned.
2. Let it cool for about 5 minutes. Remove the skin and break it into halves.
3. Put 1 tbsp ghee in heavy bottom pan and add jaggery. Cook jaggery for about 6-7 minutes and keep stirring.
4. Check for consistency by putting one drop in cold water. If it becomes solid and settles down then the syrup is done. If not, cook for another 2-3 minutes.
5. Mix the peanuts with the jaggery syrup and cook for 1-2 minutes.
6. Grease a tray with 1 tbsp ghee and spread the mixture on it. You can roll it using a rolling pin and get it to the desired thickness.
7. Make cuts and with a knife. After they have cooled separate it into pieces.
The delicious chikki is ready to serve now. You can store it in an airtight container.