Delicious Shahi Tukra
We have the perfect recipe for all you dessert lovers! This shahi tukra recipe is loaded with calcium and carbohydrates.
Ingredients: 2½ cups Full Fat Milk, 1/4 cup Sweet Condensed Milk, 1 tablespoon Sugar, 45 Saffron strands, 1/4 teaspoon Cardamom Powder, 4 Bread Slices, 23 tablespoons Ghee, for shallow frying, 1/2 tablespoon chopped Cashew Nuts, 1/2 tablespoon chopped Pistachio, 1/2 tablespoon chopped Almonds
1. Mix milk, sweet condensed milk, sugar and saffron strands in a pan and bring it to a boil on medium flame. When it starts boiling, reduce the flame and boil for around 1015 minutes until the mixture turns thick and reduces to around 1½ cups, stirring occasionally.
2. Add cardamom powder and mix well. Turn off the flame and cool.
3. Remove sides of bread slices and cut each into 4 pieces. Brush pieces with ghee on both sides and shallow fry till crisp.
4. Arrange crisp fried bread pieces in a layer on a serving plate. Pour prepared milk mixture over it.
5. Garnish with pistachios, cashew nuts, and almonds. Serve hot or chilled.
Dessert-lovers will not be able to get over this recipe!