Delicious Sprouts Pulav
This variant of rice can tempt you as its full of flavors. With flavors this also offers good health as it is full of fibers, vitamin B and C and essential amino acids. This one pot meal can be given as side dish or as a meal itself.
Ingredients: 1 cup mixed sprouts (moong & chana), 1 big onion, 1/2 cup green peas, 1 small carrot, 2 cups long grain rice, 1/2 tsp cumin seeds, 1 big cardamom, 2 cloves, 3-4 pepper corns, 2 bay leaves , 1 star anise, salt, red chilli powder & garam masala as per taste, 2 tbsp ghee (clarified butter).
1. Soak the rice for 1/2 an hour & boil it till 60 % done.
2. Heat the pressure cooker, add ghee let it heat, add cumin seeds & whole spices, saute till aroma releases.
3. Then add sliced onion, fry them till it turns brown, add green peas, carrot & sprouts, mix well fry for 2 minutes.
4. Add drained rice and all dry masalas, give it a mix, add 1.5 cup of water & pressure cook on simmer flame for 5-8 minutes.
5. Let pressure out on its own serve hot with curd, chutney and papad.
Note: To make sprouts soak whole green lentils and black gram for the entire night then wash and drain, store in casserole at warm place, with in 24 hours sprouts will emerge.