Hidden Heart Cupcakes
This recipe is loaded with Vitamin A, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12, proteins, sodium and potassium. So it is a fun and delicious way to add a healthy element in your diet.
Ingredients: 2 ½ cups of maida, 1 ½ cup of sugar, ¾ cup of butter, 3 eggs, 2 tsp baking powder, ½ tsp baking soda, 2 tsp vanilla extract, a pinch of salt, half a litre of milk, ¼ cup yogurt.
1. Take a bowl and prepare a smooth mixture of sugar and butter in it. Add eggs and whisk well.
2. Add yogurt, vanilla extract, baking powder, baking soda and salt, stirring all the while to ensure consistency.
3. Next add the flour and milk alternatively to ensure that there no lumps in the batter.
4. Set aside1/4 of the batter and mix red food colour in it. Pour this batter into cupcake moulds and bake at 350o F for about 10 minutes.
5. Once done, remove the cupcakes and crumble them. Add some batter and food colour, mix well to form a dough. Roll out the dough into strawberry shaped pieces. Press with a finger to form a slight depression on top.
6. Next pour the original batter into the cupcake moulds, insert the strawberry shaped pieces in the middle. Pour some more batter on the top to completely conceal the pieces in the middle.
7. Bake at 350oF in the oven for about 5 minutes.
8. Check with a toothpick and remove.
9. Cut in the middle to reveal the hidden heart in the cupcake.
Isn’t this a fun recipe? Try it out today!